This “power babe” card is another card I made – it was a very easy & fun small project.
Sometimes I come across interesting colors or backgrounds in magazines, and in this case I cut out an exclamation mark. I really liked the punchy vibe from it, and the weird color of the subway tile.
The words came together quickly – I like using stamps for a lot of things – journalling, my art journal and now making cards too. But I hadn’t tried any handlettering before, so I decided to just try and see how it goes. It was a lot of fun & I definitely want to do more of it!
This card is very easy to make:
- Pick any cardstock you like. I picked a single card (not folded) in plain white.
- Find an interesting background or picture from a magazine & cut it in the shape of an exclamation mark. You can use either scissors or a cutting machine with a circular and a rectangular die.
- Eyeball the placement of the exclamation mark & glue it onto the card.
- Time for stamps 🙂 I wanted to get a bit of a messy look, so I didn’t measure out the spaces for stamping “power”. However, I did start by stamping the middle letter “w” first, so the placement of the word would be somewhat centered.
- Last I added the word “babe” by first writing it with a thin fineliner and than adding thicker lines on some downward strokes. This is the easiest way get a faux handlettering/ calligraphy look.
And that’s it!